Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Very Superstitious...

Quick, bad omen!! Is anyone into Santeria?

What does it mean if your picture of the Sacred Hearts falls of the wall, knocks over your statue of the Blessed Mother, who in turn topples St. Anthony...and the Baby Jesus's head and right hand break off??

Seriously, I managed to superglue the head back on right away, but I had to crawl around on the floor with a flashlight to finally find the hand. Which I eventually did, through the intercession of the same St. Anthony.

Jeeze, you know the economy is bad when the Saints start colluding to orchestrate disasters like this just to get a job...

2 comments:

FrGregACCA said...

So, late one night, two deacons were hanging out in the nave of a church and were discussing some things they probably should not have been, things related to ritual magick (long,long story why they were discussing this and why they were hanging out in the Church: basically the same space was being used for several different purposes). At some point, a securely mounted ikon, I can't remember of whom, jumps off the wall and knocks one of the deacons on the head. They immediately changed the subject.

BTW, its not like Tony needs the extra work. In any event, I would probably throw some holy water on the whole thing and forget about it.

Marco da Vinha said...

Reminds me of a story that happened to my grandad and one of his friend. My grandad had a medal of the BVM on his motorcycle. His friend, an irriligious man, spit on the medal out of spite. Apparently he developed throat cancer some time later. My folks like to point out that that wasn't a coincidence, even if they aren't what you'd call Catholic.