Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Opportunity For Entrepreneurs

Do you realize that mantillas and chapel veils go for, like, $15, $20, $30 online?!?!

Do you realize that you can make them for less than $5 each (the most expensive part is the trim/edging), and less than 10 minutes of labor apiece?

I mean, I'm all for a variety of head-coverings and scarves for women in church, but the [nylon] lace is actually the cheapest option and easiest to work with (it's transparency gives it a high tolerance for lines not being perfectly straight, etc)...

There's a bigger story here, obviously; I'll explain more later. I have to remain rather obtuse for now, but maybe you can already guess.

But I think there is an obvious business opportunity for anyone who wanted to drive down the cost (or for parishes that wanted to produce them in bulk...)

No comments: