Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring is in the Air

Both weather-wise, and in the Catholic Church. After the clever re-marketing of Winter as "New Springtime" under the last Pope (who also considered "Springtime II: This Time It's Personalist")...I'm starting to get a sense that real Springtime may be just around the corner in the ecclesiastical cycle of seasons. I don't claim to have any special read on the "pulse" of the Church, but a lot of things are all coming together at the same time, I feel like. Maybe I'm just in a really good mood. But I get the sense that certain collective action problems are finally going to be overcome. It could be a perfect storm. I'm hearing murmurings, constructive ones. Changes are in the air. Good ones, fundamental structural ones. I can't say much more right now. But people of all stripes are fed-up and finally willing to do something, to act.

No comments: